Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Chicken and Cookies

Let's not pretend I am creative.
I like to think I am and I make lots of creative things.
But, sadly, all my ideas stem off of what other people do. Mostly on Pinterest.
I'm really not afraid to admit it.

So, what have I been doing lately?
Cooking and baking, mostly.
It's my new *thing* and I want to share it with everyone.
I've been (trying really hard) to go dairy free and gluten free as part of an Arbonne detox.
It's really fun, you should try it.
I've really dug in to find new recipes I can try that will help me continue this lifestyle.

So, what did I find. First, I found CHICKEN FINGERS!!!!!!!!
Sorry, I didn't really mean to scream that, but I love chicken.
So I didn't take any pictures and I need to tweak them a little bit (and make homemade ranch dip to dip them into cause that always makes everything better) BUT, I want you to make this recipe.
I'm going to do it again and I'm going to learn how to make them perfect.

HERE's the recipe and the awesome blog in which I found them!
I bought my own organic honey mustard and that was pretty good too!
Served with sweet potato fries. It was great!

Then, the other day, out of weakness, I made cookies.
DELICIOUS gluten free cookies!!
Again, I'm going to play around with the recipe.
I used regular sugar because that's what it called for but I think I'm going to make them with coconut sugar and mix the flours like the recipe suggests. Might even splurge later to get Earth Balance Butter and vegan chocolate chips!!






















Don't those look delicious?! They're kid, mom, best friend, and Tricia approved.
I'd make them, take them to holiday parties and not even tell anyone that they're GF and just laugh in my bliss of making the world healthier.
Look at the recipe. You'll find it's not that hard to make something gluten free. But, don't eat 8 of them at a time (Like I did — but I did it in 48 hours so that's like 4 a day) because they're still cookies. Yummy, gooey, fluffy, chocolate chip cookies!!

Next up are actual crafts. I have to go to Michael's and use my 25% off my whole purchase. That's dangerous, but even spending $100 it'll only be $75…so that's good, right?! (Yikes, someone restrain me!!) But I digress…holiday crafts are my favorite because I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!

<3XOT

No comments:

Post a Comment