Sunday, December 13, 2015

Part One: Physical Health

As promised, to myself, I am going to break down the different kinds of health that you need to keep your body completely healthy.

I just need to put a disclaimer in here that I'm by no means a professional or good at any of it.
But I want to be, and that's what matters.

If you missed the word vomit blog that I posted at 2am the other, you can read it here.

So because I'm not mentally stable by any means this week, we're not going to start with that one.
Hello Holidays!!
Let's go with the physical health portion.

For me, there are two things that make up physical health: Food and exercise.
It has been nearly six weeks since I started my adventure into clean eating and strength training thank to Arbonne, Almond Buttered Abs, and my adventure partner ;)

First, I started the Arbonne 28-day Clean Eating Challenge.
It has been almost 6-weeks since I've had gluten, dairy, refined sugars, or fruit.
And that's ok, in that time I've lost all my cravings and have no desire to eat poorly again.

Let me take that back, I do want a cheeseburger - and I got one this weekend.
But I know how food fuels my body now and so I'm going to use that red meat, carbs and fat to power my workout Sunday morning before church.

Ok, so that's the thing. It's not about taking things out of my diet, it's about eating things that serve me. And that's step one to physical health.
You've got to put food in that will give you fuel.
You've got to put food in that's not processed or fake.
You've got to put your mind to it, suck it up, and just do it.

Secondly, I've started working out.
Like über working out.
I have friends with 6-packs. Both guys and girls.
Ok ok, it's not about the look, but it's fun to work towards.

My big goal is to run a marathon.
Probably like next year.
Which means I need to continue to train.
Grow muscles, grow endurance, burn the crazy.

What that is going to entail is a lot of obsession.
Not eating the same things at Christmas.
Working out each day I get the chance.
And when people scoff at me or tell me it'll never last, I must keep my chin up, run to my support system and use it as a time to reach my goals.














When it comes to obsession, I'm sure it seems a little unhealthy.
So am I harming myself by obsessing…I'm not sure...

Then I was running and was playing the Substance Church podcast from "Healthy Holiday" and part one was about how to worship God with your body.
That He actually asks up and shows us the way to worship through fitness.
And that you need a few good friends to push you to worship through fitness.
Listen to it here.

It's been an amazing journey over the past six weeks.
No matter how many waves of health I've gone through, this journey has been tremendously different than any of the others.
I'm hoping to keep this up.
With some good food and good support.

<3XOT



No comments:

Post a Comment