Thursday, May 29, 2014

Self Aware

I haven't been sleeping much lately.
Not because I can't sleep or I'm too busy, but because I'm enjoying life.

It's currently 10:38 on a Thursday night and I just go inside from reading my book. And the only reason I came in was because I finished it.

That's the thing I've discovered lately.
I don't need a timeline or a plan or a schedule.
I need wonderment and adventure.

I've been talking a lot lately. Not about anything in particular, but I've just been seeing people and meeting people and making the contact with people back home I failed to make contact with earlier this year.

The biggest thing I've taken away from this talking and what I've slowly come to realize is that I'm finally doing what makes me happy.
I can't help but use the quote my sister told me, "Do what feel right for as long as it does, and when it doesn't, stop."

So that's what I've been doing lately. Which has led me to here - two nights before I'm supposed to move into my new house - going out for dinner, sitting by the lake and then taking in the front porch to finish my book, not packing or even worried that I don't have a bed to sleep on yet. But I'm happy.

I don't know how long this laissez faire attitude is going to last.
But as long as I'm happy and I don't have people trying to bring me down, I'll be ok!





No comments:

Post a Comment