Sunday, November 22, 2015

Be kind.

This week the story is kindness.
Paris attacks and the whole deal with ISIS has shaken me this week.
World events don't normally get to me. 
I don't normally listen to the news.

But I've been thinking about how much hate is in the world. 
And in me.
I need to be kind. 

The point of this cleanse was to clear everything - mind, body and soul. 

In this book I'm reading "Daring Greatly" by Brene Brown, she touches on the point of practicing gratitude. "For those welcoming the experience, the shudder of vulnerability that accompanies joy is an invitation to practice gratitude, to acknowledge how truly grateful we are for the person, the beauty, the connection, or simply the moment before us." 

Sometimes I get so wrapped up in myself and my ways that I forget other people have their own way of doing things, their own way of looking and dressing, and their own way of believing. And that doesn't make them wrong and that doesn't mean I get to hate on them. 

Lately I've not been so kind.
Not to myself or others. 

So I started doing this thing. 
In the mornings, I look in the mirror and I pray "Thank you God for the health that I'm putting into my body, and the health that is coming out. To do good works for You and Your people. Help me to remember to love myself and others today."

And when I forget that mantra and I'm mean, I say "Tricia, be nice. There's enough hate in the world, you don't need to add to it."















Those are the mantra that is reminding me to be whole-hearted and kind. 
It's working. 
I'm starting to be kind. Er. 
I'm still human.

<3XOT



No comments:

Post a Comment