Monday, February 2, 2015

Work Out(Fit)

Recently, I started working for the man.
Just kidding. Kinda. I got into the corporate world.
Which is a little strange because I still work in production.

But it was, like, the most perfect position for me.
I could be in my free-spirited industry, but have all the rules and regs that come with a business.
It was a dream come true.

Then someone asked me, "What are you going to wear on your first day?"
Gasp!! I didn't know.
I had never had a professional job like this before.
I was privileged to have worked in casual environments post-college. I never had to think about what I was wearing.
But now I was going to have to look the part of a professional.
Every. Single. Day.

So, I started Pinning. What else is a girl to do?
I wanted to find a style that was uniquely my own (sweats and a t-shirt??) but mix it with the professional suit and tie.
So I started experimenting.

Felicity Smoak has become my spirit animal.
She's basically everyone's dream crime-fighting secretary.
I love it.

Just take a gander HERE to see what I mean.

So anyway, my style has become quite the fun little game to play.
I find a picture on Pinterest that I like, then I try to recreate it, only putting my spin and style on it.
It helps me stay in the professional mindset, while also being myself.

Here's one of my favorite dresses to wear.
It's got a cool story that goes along with it, but ask me later cause it's really not that important.

Please ignore the smudges and messy room. 





















Working in a huge office building(s) gives me lots of ideas, because I see so many people every day that have such good style.
I'm excited to see what other outfits I can come up with. If you have any ideas, send them my way!!

<3XOT




No comments:

Post a Comment