Thursday, January 22, 2015

Goal Post (See what I did there?)

How do you make a goal?

Normally, I just find something that I want to look forward to and make a path that leads up to it.
Like, I want to run a 5K, so I find a workout plan that will help me reach that goal.
Or, I want to go to South Dakota to visit a friend, so I start saving my money.

But it's always a destination.
There's always an end.
My goal gets completed.
I can check it off my list.

So, what happens when you have a list already full of fun things, not just goals, per se?
How do you make goals to look forward to, when you already have so much in your future that's going to make you happy?

It's got me thinking - how I do make a goal?
An attainable goal? One that will benefit my life?

For starters, I asked myself four questions:
1. How do I stop making excuses to reach that goal?
2. What does it look like to be "healthy" in my life, in relation to this goal?
3. Where are my finances going to go to support this goal?
4. Where/what do I need to sacrifice in order to better myself or others?







The next step is to figure out what part of my life I can really improve by setting another goal.
It could be my physical self, or maybe my spiritual self.
But regardless of what I choose, if I keep it within this frame of mind, and answer those four questions, I know my life will be better once I reach that goal.

<3XOT


No comments:

Post a Comment