Sunday, November 30, 2014

Weekend Sweets: GF Pumpkin Cookies

I'm still on my Gluten Free Cookie kick.
Even though it's past Thanksgiving, I still think pumpkin can be used for a few more weeks. Then it'll switch over to peppermint. But for now, I'm still white girl crazy about pumpkin.

So I made Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies.
And I had a little help…













These cuties helped mix, dump, and stir all the ingredients together.
It's a pretty easy ingredient list, but because it's gluten free, you have to find a flour mixture you like. I don't think the recipe needs a specific one, per say. I used Pamela Mix.

  • Cookies:
  • 1 cup light brown sugar (I used dark)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup canola oil (I used half coconut/half veggie oil because I ran out of coconut and that's the only other one I had on hand)
  • 1 15 oz. can pumpkin
  • 2 eggs lightly beaten
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 3½ cups flour King Arthur gluten free flour (I used Pamala Mix
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 2 T pumpkin pie spice
  • Icing:
  • 2 oz cream cheese, room temperature
  • ½ cup powdered sugar
  • ¼ cup Greek yogurt (I used honey flavored)



Like any pumpkin cookie, it was moist and delicious.
If you wanted to make it dairy free, don't put on the icing. I personally think they're good either way.
The recipe made almost 4 dozen cookies so there are plenty to share. I'm sure if you made the cookies a little bigger, then you'd make a few less. But 3 1/2 cups of flour makes a lot of cookies.
Just a helpful hint, the icing doesn't really dry, so stacking the very moist cookie with icing makes for a bit of a mess. You might want to have multiple Tupperware containers with you.

I'd definitely make these again.
<3XOT


No comments:

Post a Comment