Monday, March 17, 2014

A New Kind Of Prayer

Do you ever get tired of hearing "Give your plans up to God. He knows what's best for you"?!
Cause I do.

I have this problem. I'm a planner.
When it comes to making a plan, I dive in.
I think long and short term, if this or if that.
I make great plans. (I also want to give a s/o to all the friends and family that give me advice on how to make a better plan. But that's neither here nor there.)

Recently, I've been thinking about giving all my planning to God. What would I do? What would fill my time? What would give me hope that things would work out?

Now don't get me wrong, I trust that God has my best interest in mind. I trust that He made me perfect and has my path all planned out. I trust that He will provide. But I also truly believe that He made me a planner. That it was His thought and His hands that created me to look at life a little differently.

So, my prayer has changed.
Instead of saying "God I'm giving this up to you…" and then backing out and taking control again, I've started praying "God, this is my plan, please stop it, if it's not what you want of me."
It's kind of liberating. I've been less stressed. My anxiety is going down.












Try it for a week. See how you feel.

<3XOT

No comments:

Post a Comment