Sunday, February 9, 2014

Isaiah.

Do you ever think that you were just meant to hear something?

I've been battling 3 things over the last few months: My career, my finances, and my relationships.
Those are big things. Like, really big things. Like, affect my life big.
So what have I been doing about it. Weeping, mostly. But also, I've been searching high and low for the "reason" all these things are happening in my life. I've been looking for who is going to make me feel special. I've been lusting after an African Safari and how much I'll have to save to get there. I've been wandering what my end goal of my career will be.

Then, out of nowhere, TWICE this weekend I've heard the most calming thing I've ever heard.
A very wise professor and my pastor both hit the nail on the head.
"The Lord does not waste and thing." and "There's no wasted years when you are serving the Lord."
They both (in their respective nature) assured me that I am on the right path, God is taking care of me, and that I've been magnifying my problems and forgetting what God is doing in my life.

The verse that was with the sermon today was in Isaiah 40.
Verses 10-11, specifically.
"Behold, the Lord God shall come with a strong hand, and his arm shall rule for Him; Behold, His reward is with Him, and His work before Him. He will feed His flock like a shepherd; He will gather the lambs with His arm, and carry them in His bosom, and gently lead those who are with young."

I'm not sure where that's going to take me, I'm a natural worrier and planner, so I always like to have a handle on things. But I think I'll be able to sit back and realize that it may not be today or tomorrow that I can afford that African Safari. But, God has a plan for me.

And I can always remember Isaiah 40: 29-31
"He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall, but those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."

No comments:

Post a Comment