Friday, September 12, 2014

Fear of the Unknown

From as far back as I can remember, I have always said my biggest fear is the unknown.
There's very few things I won't try, but I will always be hesitant.














Lately, I've been thinking about what this winter is going to bring.
The only thing that comes to my head is "I'm scared."

I think it every day. Over,
And over,
And over,
And over.

I've decided to work on trust.
First and foremost, trust in the Lord.
But I'm also working on being vulnerable and real with myself.
In hopes to relieve some of that stress and anxiety that an uncertain future holds.

I told a friend, "As cheesy as it sounds, I'm trusting God's plan."
Her response, "He leads us as we do the work."

It was a nice reminder that I have control over what's going to happen.
I might not have ALL the control, but I can make it what I want.
God's plan is still going to come, but we have to work for it.

So…now,
If I want something, I'll go for it.
If I want to see change, I'll take the initiative to change.

That's not going to erase all uncertainty,
but it will sure help lead me to a place that I can feel comfortable.

<3XOT




No comments:

Post a Comment