Monday, June 9, 2014

Both Sides of the Track

I've been on both sides of the track.

The first was when I was in college. I was very uptight. Those of you who knew me, knew I didn't give to thoughts about what I looked like or what I wore. I worked hard and didn't really "play" at all. I liked to work out and I liked to have intellectual conversations with friends. I didn't put much effort into dating and tried to be around my family as much as possible.

The the other side was this past few months. I let go of my job,  I let go of my care, I let go of my morals and values. I changed. I went out with a lot of guys. I drank a lot of drinks. I ate a lot of ice cream.

And after a night of pure carelessness, I had an epiphany.
Well, it was more of a friend telling me what she sees.

That first side of the track was when I was building my foundation of me. I was putting the bricks in place and building myself up. Then these last couple months, I've been filling in the cracks of what I had missed on the first side.

So now I'm finding a happy medium.
I'm finding how to work hard and play hard.
I'm finding how to feel confident and casual.
I'm finding how to let people in without becoming a chameleon.
I'm finding that I can be on both sides.

<3XOT



No comments:

Post a Comment